Ministering To Children With Challenging Experiences Such As Abuse, Broken Homes, Alcoholic/Drug Parents
Large populations of the children/youth in our society have been traumatized in various levels by these factors and others similar to these. This unfortunate experience places these children in a special category different from their peers who have not been so traumatized.
Those who work with them need to be sensitive in handling them. The knowledge and training to do this is often lacking among the lay people. This seminar while not intended to fully delve into all aspects of these issues, will equip the layperson to effectively work with this hurting generation.
Among other things, you will learn (how to):
- Basis on which abuse occurs
- Leads to identify the child who has been abused or being abused
- Empowering you to minister to the abused & the abused to avoid repeat episode
- Short and long term strategies to reach out to, and protect the abused
- Support systems within and outside the church to help the parent/workers & the child
Participants will be able to:
- Spot abused children more readily
- Protect abused children because of better info and know how
- Educate others on how to prevent abuse and its harm to the child
- Apply knowledge gained to meet needs of abused children at home & elsewhere
- Know how to avoid abusive behaviors and tendencies