How To Handle Self Esteem, Discipline and Strong Will Challenges in Children/Youth
This is a must seminar for every parent, and for all those who work with children/youth no matter what kind of setting they work with them.
Self esteem, discipline and the traits of strong will are in a class of ‘thorny parenting issues’ excerpt for the trained person these issues are often largely hidden for a long time. Most people either chose to avoid them –look the other way – or are incapable to respond when they manifest. Others deny that they exist or excuse them as ‘nothing to worry about’.
Effective and prompt handling of these issues could help the child turn these seeming negatives into strong potentials in the future. Conversely if ignored, the result could very negatively impact the child and make him a major problem to himself and others. This seminar will attempt to provide sufficient information to educate participants and proffer solutions to empower them to handle these and related ‘thorny issues’ among children/youth.
Among other things, you will learn (how to):
- Define these issues; analyze their different aspects to aid better understanding
- Examine their sources and causes as much as possible
- Communicate methods and techniques for responding appropriately
- Outline preventive relapse strategies and follow-up ideas
- Discuss expert/research information available on these and related issues
- Extend opportunity for future assistance and cooperation
Participants will be able to:
- Organize strategies and ideas for dealing with these issues
- Respond appropriately when these challenges manifest
- Discern when and how to access outside help and resources
- Equip the child with alternative approach and outlets
- Rely on the greater wisdom and power of God in dare testing times